Marianne Elvan is a Norwegian figurative artist and painter. Inspired by the classical traditions she began a study with Norway’s leading classical painter, Odd Nerdrum, at age 18. She continued her studies with the acclaimed figurative artists Per Ung, Joseph Grimeland and Per Lundgren. Marianne has degree in art history from University of Oslo and has studied painting in art schools in Oslo and France. She has worked with several techniques, such as oil painting, printmaking, pencil and charcoal drawings, and has had several solo and collective exhibitions in Oslo and Lillehammer.
Marianne now primarily works with charcoal and offers charcoal portraits on commission. If interested in a portrait, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Painting school in Lecture France
- Einar Granum Art School
- Former student of Odd Nerdrum, Per Ung, Joseph Grimeland and Per Lundgren
- Can Mag in Art History at University of Oslo
- Lives and works in Lillehammer, Norway.
- 2004: KIOS earlier locations, solo exhibition, Lillehammer.
- 2003: Vollen Art Gallery, solo exhibition.
- 2002: Hotel Bristol, solo exhibition, Oslo.
- 2000: Hotel Bristol, solo exhibition; Oslo.
- 2000: Gallery NK, solo exh ibition, Lillehammer.
1999: Hotel Bristol, solo exhibition; Oslo.
- 1999: A portrait of the artist in the shortfilm:
» The Dream about Tarantintria» Directed by: Fride Vedde.
- 1998: Gallery NK, solo exhibition, Lillehammer.
1997: Gallery NK, solo exhibition,Oslo.
1996: Hotel Bristol, solo exhibition, Oslo.
1995: Tore Sigernes chocolate Gallery, solo exhibition, Vollen in Asker.
- 1997: Gallery NK, collective exhibition, Oslo.
- 1997: Gallery V17, collective exhibition, Oslo.
- 1996: Gallery V17, collective exhibition, Oslo.
- 1993: Gallery Gude, collective exhibition, Oslo.